For the MQG Michael Miller Petal Pinwheels fabric challenge I initially made ‘plus’ blocks in a variety of sizes. I ran out of fabric, so decided to wait until I got another bundle at the next VMQG meeting.
By the time I received more fabric, I realized that I wasn’t happy with the blocks I had. I considered several designs with these fabrics, and finally realized that (for me) the 6 fabrics just didn’t work well together. I decided to use my second bundle of fabrics to make 2 separate quilts, each using 3 of the fabrics.
For the first set of 3 fabrics, I added solids in dark gray, very light gray and yellow, plus a bit of peacock blue for added zip. The inspiration for this quilt design is this DIY painting. I used bias tape for the straight lines. In this photo, all the bias tape has been sewn on, except the peacock blue. Next I’m going to bind it (probably with several colors), then I will quilt each section.
Thanks for stopping by. I’m linking up with these blogs for WiP Wednesday. Click on the links below, to see many other creative projects.