I had an idea in mind but didn’t draw it out ahead of time. I figured I’d just go for it, and see what happened. I added coordinating solids to each side of each of the 3 challenge prints. Then I cut wedges in random widths. This way, I got 2 sets of wedges from each print fabric. See photos below.
Then I arranged the 6 sets of wedges on my design wall and filled in the gaps with more solids. I used two shades of gray for the binding. It only took a couple of days from start to finish (which is good because the MQG deadline is Friday) and I’m very happy with it. It’s 34 x 32 inches.
Now, back to the portrait quilt (it’s all fused, and I’ve started thread-sketching the details).
Thanks for stopping by. I’m linking up with these blogs for WiP Wednesday. Click on the links below, to see many other creative projects.