On the left below is how it looked last week. I found a medium gray fabric that works well for the groom’s shirt. And a black & white floral fabric for the background. I decided the groom’s face was too yellow and green, and needed some other colors. I changed the neck fabric to a blue fabric. I like the color but it’s too light as you can see in the black & white version. Even though I’m using surrealist colors, value is still important.
Next, I tried a slightly darker blue, which I’m happy with. I also changed the fabric for the ear. I think both ear fabrics I’ve tried are too dark, so I’m going to find a lighter one. Then I will be ready to fuse and stitch.
Thanks for stopping by. Today, I’m linking up with these blogs – click on the links below, where you’ll find many creative and inspirational projects.