It’s that time of year again! I’ve been looking back at 2017, reviewing my quilting-related activities and accomplishments.
Making art – I created more than 13 art quilts and other fiber art with a variety of themes and techniques. Many of them are shown below.
Exhibiting my art – I submitted my work to 9 juried shows and challenges, and had at least one artwork accepted into each one. I won 2 awards – both for the same quilt ‘Eclipse’, but at 2 different shows – see this page for details. I also submitted art to 2 SAQA auctions.
I was thrilled to have my work exhibited at several local venues during 2017, so I was able to see my work on display. A few of my favorites were:
- ‘(in)finite: spiritual conversations in cloth‘ at Christ Church Cathedral, Vancouver, BC
- ‘ArchiTEXTURE: Hard Edges in a Soft Medium’ a 4-person textile art exhibit in New Westminster BC
- International Artists Day (IAD) Anonymous Show, in New Westminster BC
Trunk shows and workshops – I continued to show my work at local guilds, and teach workshops.
Travel – this was a great year for travel for me – some quilting-related, some not.
- January – I traveled to Inuvik NWT to teach a 2-day workshop (read about it here)
- May – the SAQA Western Canada first ever retreat in Kelowna BC (it was fun, educational and inspiring – but apparently I totally forgot to blog about it!)
- June – a week in NYC with my husband, following by a week in Toronto at Quilt Canada (blog post here)
- September – the annual Fibre Art Network retreat, this year in Lac Le Jeune BC (read about here)
Overall, 2017 was a busy and fulfilling year for me. I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing what I’ve been up to in the past 12 months. I’ll be back in a couple of days with information about my goals plans for 2018.
Today, I’m linking up with these blogs – click on the links below, where you’ll find many other creative and inspirational projects.