I started designing and cutting fabric for ‘Aurora’ last Tuesday.
On Wednesday, I got it completely pieced. It took all day, but I was determined to get it done. I came perilously close to running out of one of the background fabrics, and had to resew some of the angled seams more than once.
On the weekend, I quilted it. I used variegated poly-sheen thread. I have 2 spools – one is neon colors, the other is shades of pink. I’m matchstick quilting as I thought that would add to the impression of vertical streaks of light and color.
This is after 30 minutes of quilting – so, yes, it did take most of the weekend. But I’m so happy with the result.
Here is “Aurora’ finished, and ready to be submitted to the SAQA exhibit Dusk to Dawn – the deadline to enter is today, so I just squeaked in under the wire. The finished size is 27″ x 29″.
Thanks for stopping by. Today, I’m linking up with these blogs – click on the links below, where you’ll find many other creative and inspirational projects.