- January 12 – 15 – travel, TRUNK SHOW and 2-day WORKSHOP: Circles Circles Circles – Inuvik Quilting Guild, Inuvik NWT [blog post]
- Thursday, April 13 – TRUNK SHOW – Pacific Spirit Quilting Guild, Burnaby BC
- Saturday, April 22 – WORKSHOP: Circles Circles Circles – Pacific Spirit Quilting Guild, Burnaby BC
- Saturday, May 13 – TRUNK SHOW – Northwest Quilt Connection, Vancouver BC
- Monday, May 15 – TRUNK SHOW – Crescent Quilters, Surrey BC
- Thursday, August 10 – TRUNK SHOW – Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild, Abbotsford BC
- Saturday, March 3 – WORKSHOP: Circles Circles Circles – Vancouver Quilters Guild, Vancouver BC
- Wednesday, March 21 – TRUNK SHOW – Chilliwack Piecemakers Quilting Guild, Chilliwack BC
- Sunday & Monday, April 22 & 23 – 2-day WORKSHOP: Portraits from Photos – Lethbridge Centennial Quilt Guild, Lethbridge AB
- Tuesday, April 24 – TRUNK SHOW – Lethbridge Centennial Quilt Guild, Lethbridge AB
- Saturday, May 12 – WORKSHOP: Circles Circles Circles – Pacific Spirit Quilting Guild, Burnaby BC
- Saturday, May 26 – TRUNK SHOW – Sunshine Coast Quilters’ Guild, Sechelt BC
- Sunday, May 27 – WORKSHOP: Circles Circles Circles – Sunshine Coast Quilters’ Guild, Sechelt BC
- Saturday, June 2 – LECTURE: Hard Edges in a Soft Medium – Quilt Canada 2018, Vancouver BC
- Tuesday, March 19 – TRUNK SHOW – York Heritage Quilters Guild, Toronto ON
- Tuesday, March 19 – WORKSHOP: Pet Portrait from a Photo – York Heritage Quilters Guild, Toronto ON
- Wednesday, March 20 – WORKSHOP: Architectural Art Quilts from Photos – York Heritage Quilters Guild, Toronto ON
I would be happy to teach any of the techniques you see on my website. I provide detailed class handouts, and for some workshops I provide (hand-drawn) patterns. All the workshops can be done in 1-day, but all of them would benefit from an additional day, which would allow participants to further develop the techniques taught and/or work on a bigger project.
Following is information on workshops I have ready to go. If you are interested in booking me for a workshop with your guild, please contact me at email@example.com.
CIRCLES CIRCLES CIRCLES
Do you love the look of circles in quilts? But are you intimidated by sewing curves? Me too! I use a variety of techniques to create my circle quilts that are simple, easy and effective.
The workshop will cover:
- an easy method to draw a circle any size
- making and using freezer-paper templates
- how to create accurate circles using a freezer paper pattern and flat seam sewing
- circles with raw edges, covered with bias tape, couching or decorative stitching
- circles with folded turned-under edges, which are top-stitched in place
Circles Circles Circles – workshop description and supply list.
MAPLE LEAVES – FREEZER PAPER PIECING
Learn how to create realistic pictorial quilts using a freezer paper pattern and straight line sewing. Two full size patterns (each 11 x 11 inches) of the Maple Leaf will be provided to each participant. Freezer paper will also be provided.
You will learn how to trace the pattern to freezer paper, and prepare the freezer paper templates. You should be able to sew together one maple leaf block by the end of the workshop, and you’ll receive notes and checklists to assist you in completing your art quilt.
JAPANESE MAPLE LEAVES – FREEZER PAPER PIECING
Similar to the Maple Leaves workshop above, but the Japanese Maple Leaf is a more complex pattern (more pieces, smaller pieces), and generally participants do not fully complete a block during a 1-day workshop.
PET PORTRAIT FROM A PHOTO
Create a quilted pet portrait from your own photo, or using my Border Collie pattern. Participants will be able to get a good start on their pet portrait during a 1-day workshop.
More information here.
ARCHITECTURAL ART QUILTS FROM PHOTOS
Learn how to create a realistic pictorial quilt from your own photo of a building or other architectural structure. Participants will use a own full-size pattern from their own photo.
The workshop will cover various techniques – freezer-paper templates, piecing, folded-edge appliqué and fused appliqué. We will discuss the importance of value in selecting fabrics. Participants should be able to leave the workshop with a planned and partially completed project.
TRUNK SHOW / LECTURE
Trunk show (approximately 40-60 minutes) – typically, I bring 30-40 quilts. That includes most of what’s on my website (a few quilts may not be available because they are away at quilt shows), plus a few that aren’t for sale. I generally show them in categories – first quilts, pieced art quilts, applique art quilts, portrait quilts, modern quilts – and talk about my evolution as a quilter, my experiences entering quilt shows, submitting to magazines and selling my quilts online through Etsy.