- Saturday, January 23, 2016 – Workshop: CIRCLES CIRCLES CIRCLES – Delta BC – Boundary Bay Quilters’ Guild
- Tuesday, March 22, 2016 – TRUNK SHOW – North Vancouver BC – Lions Gate Quilters Guild
- Tuesday, April 12, 2016 – TRUNK SHOW – Maple Ridge BC – Ridge Meadows Quilters’ Guild
- Saturday, September 24, 2016 – Workshop: CIRCLES CIRCLES CIRCLES – North Vancouver BC – Lions Gate Quilters Guild
- January 12 – 15, 2017 – travel, TRUNK SHOW and 2-day Workshop: CIRCLES CIRCLES CIRCLES – Inuvik NWT
- Thursday, April 13, 2017 – TRUNK SHOW – Burnaby BC – Pacific Spirit Quilting Guild
- Saturday, April 22, 2017 – Workshop: CIRCLES CIRCLES CIRCLES – Burnaby BC – Pacific Spirit Quilting Guild
- Saturday, May 13, 2017 – TRUNK SHOW – Vancouver BC – Northwest Quilt Connection
- Monday, May 15, 2017 – TRUNK SHOW – Surrey BC – Crescent Quilters
I would be happy to teach any of the techniques you see on my website. I provide detailed class handouts, and for some workshops I provide (hand-drawn) patterns. All the workshops can be done in 1-day, but all of them would benefit from an additional day, which would allow participants to further develop the techniques taught and/or work on a bigger project.
Following is information on workshops I have ready to go. If you are interested in booking me for a workshop with your guild, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIRCLES CIRCLES CIRCLES
Do you love the look of circles in quilts? But are you intimidated by sewing curves? Me too! I use a variety of techniques to create my circle quilts that are simple, easy and effective.
The workshop will cover:
- an easy method to draw a circle any size
- making and using freezer-paper templates
- how to create accurate circles using a freezer paper pattern and flat seam sewing
- circles with raw edges, covered with bias tape, couching or decorative stitching
- circles with folded turned-under edges, which are top-stitched in place
Circles Circles Circles – workshop description and supply list.
MAPLE LEAVES – FREEZER PAPER PIECING
Learn how to create realistic pictorial quilts using a freezer paper pattern and straight line sewing. Two full size patterns (each 11 x 11 inches) of the Maple Leaf will be provided to each participant. Freezer paper will also be provided.
You will learn how to trace the pattern to freezer paper, and prepare the freezer paper templates. You should be able to sew together one maple leaf block by the end of the workshop, and you’ll receive notes and checklists to assist you in completing your art quilt.
JAPANESE MAPLE LEAVES – FREEZER PAPER PIECING
Similar to the Maple Leaves workshop above, but the Japanese Maple Leaf is a more complex pattern (more pieces, smaller pieces), and generally participants do not fully complete a block during a 1-day workshop.
PET PORTRAIT FROM A PHOTO
Create a quilted pet portrait from your own photo, or using my Border Collie pattern. Participants will be able to get a good start on their pet portrait during a 1-day workshop.
More information here.
ARCHITECTURAL ART QUILTS FROM PHOTOS
Learn how to create a realistic pictorial quilt from your own photo of a building or other architectural structure. Participants will use a own full-size pattern from their own photo.
The workshop will cover various techniques – freezer-paper templates, piecing, folded-edge appliqué and fused appliqué. We will discuss the importance of value in selecting fabrics. Participants should be able to leave the workshop with a planned and partially completed project.
TRUNK SHOW / LECTURE
Trunk show (approximately 40-60 minutes) – typically, I bring 30-40 quilts. That includes most of what’s on my website (a few quilts may not be available because they are away at quilt shows), plus a few that aren’t for sale. I generally show them in categories – first quilts, pieced art quilts, applique art quilts, portrait quilts, modern quilts – and talk about my evolution as a quilter, my experiences entering quilt shows, submitting to magazines and selling my quilts online through Etsy.